Monday, August 27, 2012

The Great Minnesota Get Together!!

We decided that we'd go to the State Fair this year, it had been a year or two since we'd been…

I wanted to get some seeds I knew I could pick up from a vendor at the Horticulture building (California Poppy seeds - a bit of home).  Jeff had other things in mind - mainly all the naughty foodstuffs he could shove down his gullet.  Despite our different approaches to the fair we both had a great time!!

Some pictures, enjoy!!


Wow!!  That's a BIG Pumpkin!!


Not sure what's with this expression on Jeff's face, but he cracks me up!!  I posted this on Facebook & said he was excited he'd found the Great Pumpkin :)


On the Sky-ride (most pictures are from here, I finally had my hands free).  Boats & Travel trailers on display...


Cars… Trucks… Tractors...


Travel Trailers...


Rides off in the distance...


One of 100s of eateries...


Antique Tractors...


Antique Tractors...


We stole a kiss along the way :)...


Not sure what was on display here… patio stuff… ??


John Deere is famous around these parts!!


Storm chasing car...


We're getting closer to the rides...


Scooters & ATVs… (I like the pink one)...


"Scamp" travel trailers, we toured these - I was drooling!!


Motorcycle "trike" with trailer… Jeff was drooling...


Rides are right below us!!


Lawn Mowers & Snow Blowers!!


Jeff wanted a picture of the Gold'n Plump Chicken Van (in front)… :)


Grandstand - where all the big name music acts will be playing… lots of other music venues…

That's all for now, on to more GAVOTing adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment