Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Big Celebration...

I'm having a Big Birthday, actually I already had it (yesterday), and I've been enjoying the many blessings in my life!!  It's my Big 5-0, so I'm giving this birthday the Royal Treatment!!

First I had the blessing of time with family (see my earlier post on the multi-birthday get together with the kids).

Second I had the blessing of time with friends.  I had a lunch out with my girlfriend Patsy (not pictured - I keep forgetting when we get together because we just talk our heads off)…  Then a couple days later (Monday) I had dinner with my girlfriend Ann (below).   The weather's been so nice we were able to have dinner outside… and we chatted so long it was pitch dark by the time we left.

Ann posting to Facebook about dinner...

A nice lady at the table next to us took this picture for me.

Tuesday it was a high class version of Pizza & a Movie with my sweet hubby Jeff - Punch Pizza & Verdi's Nabucco.





Wednesday (my actual birthday) was filled with all sorts of fun activity….  First there was a visit from a garden friend… he was hanging on the screen door going out to the deck and he stuck around for quite a while, so I was able to get these nice pictures :)





I went to one of my favorite garden centers with a Birthday coupon for a free rose… smells even better than it looks!!  (Thanks Bachmann's!)


In the parking lot of the garden center I took a picture of these colorful trees… it was the most beautiful Fall day… sunny & in the 70s… Thank You Lord!!  What a Gift!!


My art class started back up after Summer hiatus & I was able to finish these two pieces...



Kitty left me a birthday present… um, yep, kinda gross… but when she chooses to puke on the floors instead of the carpet (its off-white) I consider it a gift ;)


Wednesday was finished up with a nice dinner of homemade soup at home (Yum!), and playing Scrabble with Jeff (he won both games, oh well)...


That's it so far, that's right, I'm not done celebrating yet… come back in a few more days & see what else I did to celebrate!!


I've been wished so many nice wishes & heard from so many dear ones that I'm amazed… this has been the sweetest Birthday I've ever had!!


No comments:

Post a Comment