Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm still here...

Were you wondering where I'd gone?

I had blogged previously about a death in the family (my Sister-in-law Jan), and I've been "back home" to spend time with my Mom & Brother & other family members… Since getting back I've been both Busy & Under The Weather… Here are some random pictures from the last couple weeks (and one old picture I just couldn't resist)...

One thing we did while I was back home was to go through old pictures with my Mom & Brother, this is a cute one of Mike (my nephew) and Tim (my son) when they were young…


These two were great buddies though as different as night & day… Mike (on left) is only 1 Month & 1 Day older than Tim… Two very happy guys!!


This is my nephew Mike now, with his baby boy Jacob… Mike's still a happy guy!


Jacob is a happy little guy too, smiles & laughs a LOT - and that at only 3 months old - we tell Mike that Jacob is his Clone!


Jacob again, this time with his pretty Mommy Salina… big smile on the little guy this time!


While in California Mom & I stayed a couple nights with my Aunt Pat, going to her house brought back so many childhood memories!!  Of all my Aunts & Uncles I spent more time at this Aunt's house than any other when I was growing up… very comfortable place for me to stay!  I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with Aunt Pat, I haven't had many chances to spend extended time with her since moving to Minnesota 16 years ago, this time was precious.  I also got to visit for a couple hours with my cousin Shelly (Pat's daughter) who's been going through Chemo, it was great to visit with her & see her beautiful smile!!


Aunt Diane - I stayed overnight with her my last night in California, she treated me to a dinner out.  Aunt Diane lived with my family for about a year when I was a teenager & she was student-teaching… In a lot of ways she's like a big sister (I don't have any sisters) it was great getting to spend some time with her & check out her new place - so cute!!


Because I was more concerned with spending time with my Brother I scheduled my flights before knowing when Jan's memorial would be… and it didn't happen until I was already home.  While the memorial was happening in California my doorbell in Minnesota rang, and the flowers pictured here were delivered (from my church in sympathy) - God has amazing timing!!

Other stuff going on in my life…

I've gotten the go-ahead from Jeff to set up a Jewelry Making Studio here at home, and I've started to acquire "stuff", read about that here on my Art Blog.

I've also been trying to nail down the lyrics to a song (part of a drama) for a Choir Concert coming up this Sunday - at Calvary Church in Roseville Minnesota, 4 & 6 PM (link here to more info).

If you're in the area we would love to have you come enjoy the Christmas Music & Drama…

No comments:

Post a Comment