Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Today in the Frozen North!

Oh Snow!!  Oh Snow!!

That's right, the big storm that was supposed to hit Monday (and didn't) hit today instead…


This was the deck this morning… with about 5-6 inches of fresh snow on top of the mounds of left-over crusty stuff from previous snowfalls...


The birdbath remains unusable by our avian friends - I got a birdbath heater, but not until after things had frozen solid for the year, they'll just have to wait for next year!


When Jeff left for a dentist appointment about 7:30am the plows still hadn't come by… but he had removed what he could...


It is the sticky wet kind that clings to the trees… and gets heavy...


These tree branches caught my attention out in the woods… they made Jeff & I a Valentine, we enjoyed this together before he left… do you see it?


Later in the day today a few more inches had fallen, and the wind had blown the snow around a bit (see the arms of the deck chair in the middle of the photo - compare to the first photo)… it's a cinch we won't be using the deck for a while… no need to go wading… speaking of wading...

After the plows came by the first time I ended up wading at the edge of the driveway, trying to clear a swatch wide enough in case I needed to go somewhere & for Jeff's benefit when he got home… I was trying to be careful because of the cracked rib I got a few weeks ago, so I was just pushing the worst onto a section of the driveway I didn't think we'd need today.  I'd barely started when my neighbor & his grandson saw me & came over to help… Kermit & Cameron blessed me & are my heroes!!  Praise God for helpful neighbors!!


No comments:

Post a Comment