Monday, March 25, 2013

Wondering why I've been quiet?

Well… I've been busy getting my little business going, but that's just a bit of what was keeping me away… mostly I was sick, you know, the snot-nosed-shuffle-around-in-my-pjs-and-whine routine…

I'm feeling better now, so I'm hoping I'll be better about keeping this blog going…

Spring is on the way… I'm saying that hopefully since we still have a significant snow-pack here in Minnesota, but things are starting to melt and (gasp) we're actually seeing ground in a few places (very few, but it's something)…

Soon I will be busy out in the yard again, I'm still toying with the thought of starting a few things from seed… but maybe I'll just buy some young plants once the danger of frost is past (tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, cucumbers, and such)….

I still have a couple huge long-term yard projects to complete:

  • finishing the brick edging around my flower beds - I hope to get this done this year
  • cleaning up the woods - this is an ongoing project that may never get done, but I can dream can't I?

I have friends & family that are planning visits this Spring:

  • my friend Dan from New York is coming to see the Twins/Mets series here & will stay with us as well, I look forward to catching up with him
  • my in-laws Ken & Susan are coming out, they still have lots of friends & family in this area, they will mostly stay with us, we're hoping to catch a play with them & take them out for a nice dinner (or two)

I'm hoping to get my Mom to come out here sometime during the Spring… but she's not wanted to travel this way for a while… I may end up traveling out to see her instead, we'll see.

My little business has an interesting side-effect… I have the best excuse in the world not to have a manicure :)   If you weren't aware I have a love/hate relationship with manicures… I love how they look, but I hate the feel of polish on my nails… and besides I always wreck my manicures within a day or two :(   But working with the grinding/sanding equipment does nasty things to my nails, so I'll just keep them trimmed & clean - and avoid all the drama that I associate with manicures.

Now that I'm thinking… I'm going to need a pedicure soon… soon we'll have sandals weather & I like my tootsies looking cheery…

Boy am I wandering all over in this blog post… as for other happenings in our lives…

Jeff is getting ready for a dramatic production on Good Friday, he gets to play John the Beloved in a production at our church… he had to learn to get in touch with his "agitated" side, that's pretty tough for a guy that's basically unflappable… but with a little coaching he's got it figured out :)

Jeff is also busy getting ready for a band concert, and he's playing trombone for church on Sunday (Easter), and we're both getting ready for a choir concert that's coming up in May…

Jeff's hockey team made their playoffs… so Jeff is just a busy guy all around these days!!

On Friday last week, my first day feeling significantly better, I made 10 batches of bread (20 1/2-sized loaves) for an event at church for which a large number of college students needed to be fed… needless to say, with college students there aren't leftovers :)

Today I got back into the studio after almost 2 weeks away due to being sick… it felt good to get back to it… I spent the day working on my torch-fired enamel… I'm enjoying the Easter-Egg like colors on these hearts...


Ok… enough rambling for one day… until next time….


No comments:

Post a Comment