Sunday, June 9, 2013

What's New(s)?

So… life keeps up its hectic pace…

Spring finally got here to the Upper Midwest, but it's been cool & wet & seriously lacking in Sunshine

:(

I like kitty's attitude toward the weather:


Yep, curled up in a ball with her head tucked into the corner of the couch…

Word is that we're supposed to be getting some nice warm temps starting tomorrow… like 70s & 80s for at least a week or so… YES!!

As for me, at least the weather was cool while I was cleaning up the gardens… about 35 heaping wheelbarrows full of "junk" hauled into my woods to rot away, replaced by 73 bags of fresh mulch - and the cleanup is finally done!!  I've also planted some annuals and a few other new things… if curious go check out my gardening blog for the latest happenings.


Picture above shows a portion of my Iris patch today, only about a month late…

I've also been busy in my studio, especially when its been raining - rain makes gardening a little too cold & messy… Below is a new form I came up with, I'm not sure what I'm going to call it yet, at the moment I'm calling it "Lattice".  Deep rectangular frame, "lattice" is attached to the inside of the frame but way at the back, stone setting is on top of the lattice.  If curious about what's been happening in the studio go check out my art blog.


I'm once again fighting the "battle of the bulge"… so I've been experimenting with an idea my doctor suggested…


This is breakfast… almost exclusively vegetable… starting the day out "light" calorie-wise.

What else has been going on???  Well… Jeff had his first summer band concert at Como Park Pavillion.  The band was awesome (as usual) and while they were practicing / warming up I got to take a leisurely walk around Como Lake… the following are some pictures I shot while on my stroll…


A couple local boys...


…grabbing some fast food...


An interesting tall shrub… would love to know what this is… it was about 10-12' tall and had these pretty little blooms.


This interesting little plant, the leaves remind me of rosemary & the flower looks like a tiny rose… anyone know what this is?

That's all for now… life is busy but good… until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Mystery plants solved! (?)
    #1 - likely it's some sort of Honeysuckle (thanks Bonnie & Barb)
    #2 - is a variety of Portulaca (thanks Donna)

    ReplyDelete