Monday, February 18, 2013

Bouncing Back...

I appear to be beginning to heal, though still tender I'm able to do a bit more, which is good because Annette being bored is a BAD thing… now that I'm a bit more able to enjoy life here's what I've been up to the last couple days…


I was getting restless last night, and decided I could manage to make a loaf of bread because the mixer I use (a very heavy model) was already on the counter… so I went ahead… I was using a different brand of bread flour, not because I wanted to try something new but because the store was out of my "usual" brand… This brand behaved a little differently, and I was so happy with how pretty the bread was looking during baking that I sat down on the floor and took this picture through my striped oven window.


I think I found a new favorite bread flour brand… this loaf took longer to rise, but the final result was wonderful!!


This morning I deconstructed a large bouquet of flowers (given to me by my friend Patsy on Superbowl Sunday), and made two small bouquets of the flowers that were still doing well.  This red carnation & greens are in a fun vase that was given to me by my sweet hubby Jeff on one of our anniversaries - and yes, its made from a test tube, a rock, and some heavy brass wire…


This is the rest of the thriving flowers, purple & yellow (Vikings colors) in a cute vase given to me by my friend Kathy (or one or both of her daughters).


Yep, that's my handsome hubby Jeff… standing by an Ice Castle that was built up by the Mall of America… he had the day off today (President's Day) so we decided to go "play"…  Believe it or not I was the one who suggested this (yes, even after my bad fall) but I did wear my Yak-Traks & held Jeff's arm when walking over slick patches - don't need to make things any worse.


I couldn't get back far enough to get this large structure all in the frame of my iPhone camera, I only got about half of it… there were several structures, this was the largest one.


A closer look at some of the ice...


 I love how the ice resembles Stalactites!!

After seeing the Ice Castles we decided to go for lunch, we went somewhere we'd not been before (Cuchina del Bario) and we loved it!!  There are 3 in the twin cities, the one we went to was about the furthest from home (but was on our path as we played) so we'll have to check out the one that's closer to home some day - it was really good!!


Our final stop on our "play date" was to Groth Music… a very large music shop in the Twin Cities - if you're a music geek & in the area you really need to check this place out!!  I took the pictures above & below because I thought the forms could potentially translate into jewelry…


These are kinda jewelry-like already, so not much of a stretch…

After we got home I actually went down into the studio and unpacked & wiped down my new Rolling Mill (a heavy piece of equipment)… and of course I had to give it a quick try… it still needs to be bolted down to a strong surface (I'll get Jeff's help to do this in the near future).  The good news is I was not held back from doing this because of my recent injuries - I'm feeling good enough to get back in the studio - YES!!

Thanks to all who have prayed for me after my ice-related fall!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be single-digit weather, I'm going to stay home… and I'm looking forward to having an entire day to spend in the studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment