Monday, February 11, 2013

D by D B with B S in S

Deer by Deck…


That's right, the ROUSs have returned after the latest snowfall… see the whole story & lots more pictures here.

Blooms with Books…


This little Freckle-Face plant (located in my little library) keeps blooming despite us being in the thick of Winter outside… more plant pics & such here.

Silver in Studio…


I've created a gallery of my silver work to date, this picture shown above is my most ambitious piece to date, the gallery can be found here.

I was thinking about how working with metal reminds me of how God works in our hearts & minds & lives… these are the things that are done with silver, so I'm just going to provide the list & let you meditate on how God works:

Refining - the process of removing metals from their source materials, removing impurities

Melting - turning solid metal into liquid in order to completely reform it

Casting - creating a new shape with molten metal

Annealing - applying heat in a controlled manner in order to soften metal to allow bending / shaping / forming of previously hardened material

Soldering - joining metal to metal using heat / fire

Bending / Forming - using physical forces to move & shape

Filing / Sanding - removing unwanted material, removing tool marks, removing burrs or sharp edges

Buffing / Polishing - brining forth the glow & shine of the metal

God is working to create something beautiful of my life… I hope you are experiencing Him doing the same sort of work in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment