Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just call me "Grace"

Actually, if you call me by my name (Annette) you are… it means something like "Graceful Walk"… Now, I learned long ago I don't fit the meaning if you're speaking of a Physical walk, if that were the case my name would be "Klutz"… but if you're talking about a Walk with God that's marked by Grace, well that suits me just perfectly!!

I'm wearing this today in honor of Valentines Day

Today being Valentines Day I have a word of advice to all you romantics out there, if you're going to "fall" & "kiss" make sure it's not with pavement… Ouch!! So what did I go and do yesterday?  I did just that!!  I was on my way back from my (empty) mailbox when suddenly I found myself kissing the driveway… it just kinda happened, it wasn't planned, if it were love I'd say "love hurts"… but it wasn't love that caused this "fall" & "kiss", it was ice… Ouch!!

It all happened so quickly I don't even remember the actual falling down moments, just the moment my chin contacted the pavement… after which my first thought was "I must not have a glass jaw because it didn't knock me out"… in case you think I'm exaggerating…

Isn't that just lovely?

This is not even 24 hours later… I also tore up the side of my left hand, scraped my right nostril, scratched up my glasses, injured my chest (I think I fell on my right fist, not sure)… the part that's bothering me the most is the chest - if I just happen to move the wrong way it really hurts… so I'm being forced to be a bit sedentary (thus sitting at my computer & blogging)…

By the way, did you see the earrings in my chin photo?  They go with the necklace & I'm wearing them today too… I'm bummed that I can't do much without hurting, I'm itching to get down to the studio and work on a few things… and I've discovered that typing is painful (I'm a 10 finger typist) when I type letters with my left pinky (torn up near the tip)…

Tonight we have dinner reservations, I'm so glad that where we're going has covered parking & I won't be out walking on the ice… I did get back out to the mailbox yesterday… I made myself drive around the block so I could drive right up on my driver's side - yep, decided I wasn't going to walk out there again until it's not so icy…

It snowed last night, only a couple inches so hubby decided not to bother to shovel this morning, neither of us thought they'd bother to plow this time… we were wrong!!  But guess who's also not going to go shovel snow off of ice… that's right, I'm claiming my right to be lazy (I am sore after all)…

Well… I think I've beaten this topic to death… I think it's time to pet the lap-warmer (a.k.a. Oreo) then go downstairs & make myself some lunch…

My sweet little girl Oreo...

Until next time & hoping your life isn't bumpy…



No comments:

Post a Comment