Friday, April 19, 2013

A Crazy Day!!

First there was this… the "winter wonderland" of April 19th in the Twin Cities...



Yep, that's what we woke up to, and below is my HERO - he did the driveway & walks, then the plow went by… and he did the end of the driveway again… So I made him Brownies :)  He likes Brownies… gotta love that man of mine!!


Then, after the morning commute from H--- was over I braved the elements and headed to downtown St Paul, the RiverCenter to be precise… for the American Craft Council Show!!

There weren't a lot of people there, which meant browsing was much more comfortable (I don't like crowds), and I was able to talk to several of the artisans & learn about their work… such an amazing body of work it was!!  I will be blogging about that specifically on my Art Blog… but it may take a while to collect my thoughts & all the images I'd like to show… Wow, I mean WOW!!  And it sure did get my own creative juices flowing!!  I have a couple ideas now for something new - no, I won't copy someone else's work - it was something that came out of being exposed to so many wonderful beautiful new works… I love how art inspires art!!

So after the show I got back home, made a couple loaves of bread & those Brownies… and warmed up some good soup I had made last week (I make lots & freeze it for busy days)… so when Jeff came home the soup was ready, a fresh loaf of bread was cut to have with it, and the Brownies were in the oven… a very busy but very wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment