Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bipolar Seasons & Lots Going On...

Yikes!!  Can't believe that once again it's taken me this long to getting around to posting on this blog…

Life is busy, but God is Good!!

When last I blogged we'd just had a ton of snow… and I was praising my hero (Jeff my hubby) for clearing our drive so I could attend an Art/Craft Show…

Since then the snow has melted, then we got more snow, then it melted again, and though we've had temps in the 70s & up to 80 in the last few days we're being told that (yes once again) we may get some snow - but it won't last long… our Bipolar Winter/Spring mix is coming to an end…. but enough about the weather…


Jeff had his Spring concert, and as usual it was Wonderful!!


I've finished a few more pieces in the Studio… more info here...


I finally finished piece I've named Grace, she's got quite a history already - God taught me a few truths… read her story here...


I've continued to come up with new recipes… my latest favorite is a wonderful Raisin Bread

As it's warmed up some critters have come to call… actually, they're all running around like crazies, chasing each other & trying to convince Mother Nature that it's Spring :)



A pair of Doves in a mating ritual on the rail of our upper deck… they were so sweet with each other!!


We've seen several woodpeckers (we get 4 types in our area)… this is a mid-sized variety (we get 2 varieties that are larger).


This is the largest variety, and he's huge… here he's doing some significant damage to an old dead tree trunk...


This picture shows the big guy (by the stump) and one of our little woodpeckers by the base of the tree in the foreground (on the lawn)...


This is the kind of damage that big guy can do… glad he wasn't interested in any wood trim on the house...

We've had lots of other critters being playful, mostly bunnies & squirrels.  We've had a ton of birds at the feeders (Chickadee, Nut Hatch, House Sparrow, Purple Finch, Goldfinch, Cardinal, Blue Jay…) and the birdsong has been amazing. Speaking of tweeting, Jeff and I have joined Twitter… and we haven't a clue… you can find me at: @tims12mom… (yep, I know, I'm easily distracted)


I've begun working in the yard, in a limited capacity (more snow may come).  I've been trying not to walk on the soil & damage the areas where plants need to grow (it's a bit squishy at the moment), and making sure I cover cleaned areas with mulch… but as you can see some things are already poking their heads out (Yes!!)… this is my Iris patch.


On Sunday we went to see one of our favorite local bands, the Sheldon Theater Brass Band from Red Wing Minnesota - so glad to have them come here instead of having to take the drive down to Red Wing… they were amazing (as always)!! We went to Cossetta's for lunch before the concert (which was at the Landmark Center in St Paul), and just had to check out their Pasticceria - which had an amazing array of tempting selection, we had some of their Gelato - Wonderful!!

This week we have Jeff's Dad & Stepmom coming into town, it's been quite a while since we've had the chance to visit with them in person, we're really looking forward to catching up…

Jeff's still busy with his band, prepping for Summer concerts.  We're both still busy with Choir, our big concert is this weekend.  I'm still teaching lessons on the life of King David through the rest of May, then there will be a Summer break.  We're prepping short Bible lessons for youth in Ukraine, for an ESL Music camp that will be happening this summer.  We need to get the deck refinished, and I need to get my car in for it's annual service… does it ever end?


Oreo (kitty) is still going strong, and is as fluffy as ever... she sleeps more & has more hairballs, she's 13 now (that's 91 in cat years, so they say)...

Well… I think that about gets you caught up with my crazy life… until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment