Sunday, May 12, 2013

Family…

We've had relatives in town, Jeff's Dad & Stepmom (Ken & Susan), and we've been busy doing stuff & getting caught up… quite a bit has happened since my last post…

While Ken & Susan were here Jeff & I had our choir concert… it was actually a choir festival - 5 local choirs joined together with a small orchestra at a large church in the area.


I took pictures from the Soprano section (one side of the front balcony) - this picture is looking across the Alto/Tenor sections to the Bass section (Jeff's over there) on the other side of the front balcony.


The Orchestra was front & center...


Looking out at the audience...


It was a great time, and the crowd seemed to love it!!  We did 5 pieces as a "Mass Choir" - all the choirs together.  Each choir also did 3 pieces each, and quite a wide variety of music was performed.

A couple days later we were able to get together for dinner with Tim & Marta (my son & his wife) - it was good for them to get a chance to spend time with Ken & Susan.  The following pictures were taken at dinner...


Ken talking with his hands...


Susan modeling some of my jewelry...


Tim & Marta… Such a sweet pair!!  Love Those Kids!!!!!

Today was quiet… and gave me the chance to rest & enjoy a quiet Mother's Day. Tim is out of town with Marta's family, though I did get a call from him before he left town… I'll get to see him again soon, Marta doesn't get to see her parents as often (they live further away)….

Jeff & I had planned to go for a picnic & walk in Como Park, but it was too cold for a picnic… Jeff had gotten some nice deli meats/cheese and we'd picked up some bread (I didn't even make the bread this time), so we had some nice sandwiches at home… We decided to go for the walk anyway, and it was cold & windy - the only things that saved the walk (for me) were seeing some adorable little birds (too quick to get a picture) that I still need to identify and seeing a family of turtles sunning on a fallen tree…


How many do you see… there are at least 13 in this photo…


A closer look at some of them…


A really close look at one clump - there are at least 2 juveniles & 7 adults in this clump alone, but the juveniles can't be seen at this angle…

After freezing at the lake we came back home… and I've been drinking coffee & going through some old music - trying to find a song to go with some curriculum Jeff & I are working on… no luck yet… but listening to some great music anyway :)

Later Jeff's going to fire up the grill & cook dinner… yep, I'm taking it easy…

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there… hope your day is Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment