Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Plodding along...

That's how things have seemed to be the last couple days… just plodding along… I can't say I haven't accomplished anything, I've actually come up with 2 new recipes (yet to be posted on my food blog) & gotten some things done around the house… perhaps its just that things have been so "busy" & "exciting" the last couple weeks that things now seem a bit "blah"…


It seems I'm not the only one with "the blahs" the last couple days… Kitty has taken to napping under one of her favorite "snuggle" spots… she normally prefers to be on the blanket on top of this chair, especially if there's human company…


Can you guess what this is?  Want a closer look?


Figure it out yet?

This is evidence that the Gardener in me has been neglecting her duties, especially as pertains to the herbs on the back deck… I've been told not to let them bloom so that they'll produce more leaves, but here I went and let my Peppermint get several blooms… So today I trimmed off the blooming sections, but never one to waste good stuff  I pulled the big leaves to have with some Sorbet tonight (yum) & decided that these little blooms might look cute in this tiny little bud vase…  The blooms themselves don't smell like much, but the cuttings smell like peppermint :)

Sometimes we have to take our mistakes & make something useful of them…

Isn't it cute?  It makes me smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment