Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Welcome Change in the Weather!!

I guess I can't complain… here in the North we had only an abbreviated version of the heat wave that's been hitting most of the country… but after a week of sweltering heat its sure nice to have things back to normal!


View from the porch during the rain...


The weather finally broke last night, about 7pm, when a bit of rain came through… not a violent storm by any stretch of imagination, but it ushered in cool breezes & temps in the low 80s (it had been about 100 before the rain)…


The sun is out & the rain has stopped...
Kitty got brave & came out once the rain stopped...


I sat outside on the porch… it was just so nice I couldn't resist!!  The birds were singing & flying about in the rain… lovely!  After the rain stopped my hubby & my kitty joined me on the porch… it was just such a lovely evening…  





When I woke this morning I checked the temperature outside, it was in the 60s… just where it should be in July in Minnesota… Not one to waste a nice day (hubby had to work today) I went outside & checked on the gardens… yep, lots of work to do after being kept out of the flower beds for a week (sigh).  Some of the flowers seem to have enjoyed the hot weather (like my Liatris above).






Next I headed out to the St Paul Farmer's Market… I had in mind to get some good vegetables (check) as well as some flowers for an empty spot in the yard (check)… The picture above is just a glimpse of the market… lots of wonderful stuff!!  Pictured below is this week's "loot"…


Red & White Radishes

Napa Cabbage

Red Onions

Green Onions

Patty-Pan Squash

Green Beans

Cucumbers

Little Red Potatoes
Six new types of plant for my yard (3 of each type)


Finally I put on my gardening shoes & got busy planting… 




What?  You don't have a pair of these designer shoes?


New plants from the Farmer's Market tucked into their bed...


My planting is done & the day is a bit more than half over, I've done a good deal of work, and I'm ready to put my feet up for a while… hopefully hubby will be getting home soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment