Monday, July 2, 2012

Garden Visitors...

Other than the bunnies, who continue to be voracious rodents, I've had some other visitors to the garden lately… most are regulars, and I enjoy their company…


Bumble Bee at the Honeysuckle….
I don't mind Bees… I actually enjoy their company… I was fortunate to have a family whose members included some Beekeepers, and I learned very young how to act/react around Bees… and luckily I'm not allergic to their sting (amazing since I'm allergic to just about everything else)… I especially enjoy the Bumble Bees, they are a bit slower in their movements so as not to startle me, and they have a beautiful buzz…  They are happy to come very near to me, frequently I'll be ready to dead-head a flower & I'll hold the flower & wait for the bee to finish before I do my job...


Chickadee at the Feeder.
I love Chickadees, they're just so darned cute!!  I really impressed myself with this shot, its hard to get a good picture of these little cuties (I only have a little Cannon PowerShot) because they move so fast…


Nuthatch on the Oak Tree.
The Nuthatches are another favorite local bird… I love the way they like to cling face down to the bark of my Oak trees… 

Tiny little grasshopper on the leaves of a Day Lily.

Another tiny grasshopper on a Salvia bloom cluster.
Ok, I know grasshoppers can be destructive, but I've not noticed any damage from these little guys, and I don't often see them… so I enjoyed these tiny little guys - they were kinda cute!!


Hope you enjoyed meeting some of my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment