Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ouch!!

Well, I went and did it… I put my back out… and that's had me on forced rest… 


Resting under the umbrella on my deck...
 I've never been good at being sick, don't like to be forced to keep still… and there's never anything good on TV in the middle of the day :(


I can't complain too much… the company was good (I have a very sweet kitty who liked having my lap available)… my hubby was very helpful… and I ended up enjoying some beautiful weather just sitting on my deck & listening to the birds singing… yep, roughing it ;)

Kitty doesn't seem to mind my change of pace...

Kitty's got laying around down to a science...


My deck was filthy (see my cat on my filthy deck - above), and I was finally feeling a bit better today… so I cleaned my deck… it felt good to be able to accomplish something!!



Same umbrella kitty & I were under before, but now
the deck is clean :)
The other umbrella, positioned to shade the outdoor dining area...


One really good thing that happened during my forced rest is that I received some study materials for a class I'm getting ready to teach on the book of Revelation… I've taught it before but needed to study it again for myself to get ready to teach this particular class.


I figure God had a reason for slowing me down this week… I certainly feel blessed!!


2 comments:

  1. It really feels great to accomplish something, even if it includes cleaning your deck! Do this regularly, and don't wait for mold to thrive so you'll never have a hard time in cleaning your deck. Warm water, detergent powder, bleach (if needed), and some scrubbing are enough to keep your deck clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, thanks for your comment.

      Typically it's not a big chore except at the beginning of the season (we have a very long winter here in Minnesota) - and I always put getting my gardens in shape first… And it was just dirt, we only get a tiny bit of mold on our deck - and only in the really shady areas.

      Personally I won't use powdered detergents or bleach as I have a lawn & garden that would get the run-off & I'm chemical-sensitive to boot. So I use elbow grease, a push broom, & some mild dish detergent that doesn't harm the plants :)

      Delete