Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What to do when it rains...

I've been busy lately, mostly outside in the garden (but there's more), and all that outdoor activity (as well as some indoor) has kept me quite busy!!

In the last week I've celebrated my Son's Birthday & Father's Day, Jeff & I gave a presentation during a Missions Forum (about our Ukraine mission trip), I went back to the Strawberry fields, I came up with a couple new recipes using Strawberries (Low Sugar Freezer Jam & Strawberry Yogurt Coffee Cake) that I've been picking from the local fields, I gave a Ten Thousand Villages presentation at a local Rotary Club, and I've been gardening like a lunatic despite the heat wave we've been having (see my latest blog post)… phew!!


Today is rainy & cool, but has also been a busy & full day... and its not even close to being over yet!!

Early this morning I started a loaf of no-knead Sourdough Sandwich Bread…  I'm working out the kinks in my method...

I started on the Laundry...

I did a load of Dishes…

More Laundry...

I met a dear friend for lunch - my friend Patsy was having a "big" birthday, it was a great opportunity to get together with & spoil a friend - what fun!!

Back home to the Laundry…

Baked the bread… only realizing later that I'd forgot to add the salt (it came out fine anyway)…  It has made the whole house smell wonderful…  I'm going to have to do this again soon, want to make sure it works as well when I have the salt in (and here I thought I was done with this creation)...


A bit more Laundry (lots of delicates & hand wash this time)...

Started getting caught up with my blogs… that's where I am right now…

I'm almost done with the Laundry…

I need to make a quick run out to the Grocery store & to Target...

I'd still like to get out in the garden, if time & the weather allows… I've still got some seedlings to plant (mostly tomatoes), and the brick edging to keep working on… as I type I'm hearing thunder...

Tonight we've got choir practice, we're prepping for church & for a special event - both on Sunday…

After choir practice we're going out to dinner for an early date night (Thursday has a conflict this week)…

Well… lots to do so I better get off this computer… hope your days are full and fulfilling as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment