Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cinco De Madre??

Question: What do you do when:
  1) You won't be able to get together with your child for Mother's Day.
  2) You are from the Southwest U.S. & love Mexican Food.
  3) You have a favorite local Mexican restaurant celebrating Cinco De Mayo.
My wonderful son Tim with his awesome wife Marta.


Answer: You combine them & get Cinco De Madre!!


Ok, its silly, but I'm silly & so is my son… so it works for us!!


My son & I moved to Minnesota from the San Diego area about 15 years ago, and we have strong family ties to that area… in addition our family also has ties to Mexico (some relatives are Mexican citizens & some are of Mexican descent)…


Me & my amazing hubby Jeff
There is a restaurant in St Paul that I discovered while living nearby, La Cucaracha, that reminds me of the good Mexican restaurants back home… you know, the ones that have colorful decor & awesome food.  The food reminds me of some of the things my Grandma, who lived in Mexico off & on for several years, would cook.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment