Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day!!

Ding Dong… Is That Your Doorbell?

Look, I left some flowers for you… that's right, its May Day!!


If you like flowers go check out today's post on my Gardening blog


I've been having a nice day so far, and it looks to continue that way…


I started off my day with a good breakfast, Sourdough Crumpets with Chèvre and Preserves… the smell of these Crumpets cooking is so amazing, and the flavor combination with the Chèvre & Preserves - Wow!


Then it was off to the garden, because it was supposed to get pretty warm today & rain in the afternoon… well it stayed cool (easier when you're splitting overgrown day lilies), and still hasn't rained, so I was able to get quite a bit more spring cleanup done - it feels good to be making progress!


There were lots of birds about today, the usual Chickadees & Sparrows, a Nuthatch or two, some Robins (they don't usually hang out in the front trees but they were today), and a Red Winged Blackbird (really unusual).  They are still singing like crazy, and fluttering about… 


After a few hours in the garden it was back inside for me, time to clean up and get on to other tasks…


I put a loaf of bread in the oven (a Sourdough I started yesterday), I love the way baking bread makes the house smell… smells homey…  The loaf came out beautiful and golden, Jeff will be pleased.


Now I have to run to the grocery store, then I'll cook dinner for Jeff & I, and finally I'll work on a craft project for orphans in Ukraine (I'm prepping the craft for a team that will put them together on Sunday)…






Just a typical day in the life of this busy retiree… Life is Good!  I am very Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment