Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy Day!!

Yesterday was a busy day, and today is ramping up to be one as well… so I decided to blog a bit while eating my breakfast… hang on, need more coffee (proven by the fact that I tried to download 15 pictures when I only wanted 4)!!


PB & Honey + Banans on Sourdough Toast
Whew!  Ok, more coffee in hand, here goes…


So on Monday (day before yesterday) I'd had a day with some bumps, yesterday went much better & I feel like I resolved and accomplished some things…


I started out the day by going to Ten Thousand Villages St Paul and replacing a mouse… the old one (roller-ball type) just wouldn't cooperate any more… now they have a laser mouse but not wireless - wireless would be too likely to up and run away, so we got one with a leash :)


Toys...
The next thing I did was start another Sourdough Raisin Bread experiment, that won't be finished until tonight, so we'll see if this method works any better (at this point its not looking good, but I'm trying to be patient).


Then I got to the big job for the day, starting to clean out my extensive gardens (mostly flower gardens).


Oreo enjoying the lawn...
I took a break mid-day for lunch, giving kitty a chance to romp in the grass (starting to green nicely) on a warm day… the birds and frogs were singing like crazy… the cardinals & finches are definitely around, as well as the usual cast of characters (blue jays, robins, sparrows, chickadees - my favorite, nut hatches, various types of woodpeckers… plus squirrels)… we haven't seen very many bunnies, I think the fox in the yard the other day may be the culprit.


First Section Complete!
Several hours & seven bags of mulch later… I finished the first section of my garden.  This involved cleaning out dead leaves, thinning plants (replanting some), and adding fresh cedar mulch.  This is the smallest portion of my garden (some plants aren't visible in this picture because they're still small), by the time I'm done I'll use 65-75 bags of cedar mulch - that means I'm only about 10% done with cleanup - good thing I love my garden!!


Phew!!  Hey, where did my coffee go?…

No comments:

Post a Comment